Build resilience with yoga!
Weekend’s theme is RESILIENCE – the ability to bounce back and recover after stress, strain and difficulties. To become stronger both mentally and physically.
On Saturday we take a look into the vagus nerve and learn to understand how resilience is a character of your nervous system.
In this workshop you learn:
- What role does the vagus nerve play in health and well-being?
- Common myths related to the vagus nerve
- What does research say about yoga’s effects on nervous system health?
- What is the difference between vagus nerve stimulation and actually building resilience in the nervous system?
- How can yoga help you heal your nervous system and what kind of elements are essential in the practice for this purpose?
The practice is a combination of a more dynamic yang-style hatha yoga and a yin yoga sequence focusing on building a stronger vagal tone (activation of the vagus nerve). You balance the functioning of the nervous system, increase its dynamics and strengthen the activation of the parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous system branch.
Welcome to explore the convergences of research and yogic tradition!
- Lecture (1 hour)
- Yin-yang yoga practice that balances the functioning of your autonomic nervous system, increases its dynamics and strengthens your ability to let go and relax (2 hours)
The workshop does not require previous experience in yoga but is designed for all levels. Yoga teachers are welcome to deepen their understanding about the vagus nerve and to be able to share the knowledge to their own students.
WHERE: Yogaens Hus, Mellomila 91a
WHEN: Saturday 16.10. kl 10-13
- Regular: 500 kr / two days 900 kr
- Students / unemployed / low income: 400 kr / two days 720 kr
REGISTRATION: Register for the workshop here: https://www.mindgrit.no/shop/.
More about Sunday’s workshop “Pranayama Boost” here: https://mindgrit.no/product/pranayama-boost/
In case you have any questions, contact sanni(a)mindgrit.no
Sanni Parkkinen is an experienced yoga teacher (E-RYT 500) and breathing coach coming from Finland. She’s coaching people to live happier & healthier with emphasis on physiology first – meaning that nervous system health is the key to solve many of the issues we tend to call mental. She studies psychology at NTNU and is keen on exploring neuroscience, mind-body connection and the interfaces of research and yogic tradition. Sanni has lived and worked in various yoga ashrams and centers in India, USA and Canada. For the past four years she has immersed herself in traditional non-dual Shaiva-Shakta tantra and deepened her understanding in somatic experiencing, hidden powers of the subconscious mind, body’s natural healing abilities and mythologies.
The registration is binding. You will secure your place in the workshop by making the payment.
The workshop will be taught in English.
Minimum number of participants is five (5), maximum twelve (12).
NOTE! For you who have participated in the workshop “Nervous system health, neurobiology and yoga” in spring 2021: the content of the workshop is partly new and the practices differ from spring’s workshop.