Build resilience with breathing!
Weekend’s theme is RESILIENCE – the ability to bounce back and recover after stress, strain and difficulties. To become stronger both mentally and physically.
This workshop is for everyone who would like to boost motivation to work with the breath and practice pranayama (yoga’s breathing exercises).
How is resilience visible in your breath? For example as an ability to tolerate carbon dioxide.
In this workshop you learn more about carbon dioxide’s role in your health & well-being.
- Why is carbon dioxide The Most Important Gas in your body?
- Why is it important to build tolerance to carbon dioxide?
- How do you build tolerance to carbon dioxide and how do yoga and pranayama help with this mission?
- How do you develop a sustainable pranayama practice and gradually take breath holds along?
- What does yoga philosophy say about kumbhakas = breath holds and why they, in a sense, are the goal of yoga?
- Lecture (1 hour)
- Gentle pranayama practices followed by a practice focusing on breath holds. We finish with a yin yoga sequence focusing on strengthening life force. (2 hours)
The workshop is designed for those already practicing yoga and for yoga teachers. However, if you have a fairly regular breathing practice and you would like to progress with it, you’re welcome to join without that much yoga experience. After all, we are all breathers.
WHERE: Yogaens Hus, Mellomila 91a
WHEN: Sunday 17.10. kl 10-13
- Regular: 500 kr / two days 900 kr
- Students / unemployed / low income: 400 kr / two days 720 kr
REGISTRATION: Register for the workshop here: https://www.mindgrit.no/shop/.
More about Saturday’s workshop “Vagus Nerve Masterclass with Yoga” here: https://mindgrit.no/product/vagus-nerve-masterclass-yoga-discounted/
In case you have any questions, contact sanni(a)mindgrit.no
Sanni Parkkinen is an experienced yoga teacher (E-RYT 500) and breathing coach coming from Finland. Pranayama has always been her favorite modality in yoga, and breath has lately become the focus of her work. She is educating new breath coaches in Trondheim and running the most popular breathing course online in Finland. Her approach to breathing is multidisciplinary and she combines knowledge and practices from the following styles: Hatha, Tantra and Vijnana Yoga, Buteyko method, Oxygen Advantage, Somatic Experiencing, Feldenkrais method and trauma therapy.
The registration is binding. You will secure your place in the workshop by making the payment.
The workshop will be taught in English.
Minimum number of participants is five (5), maximum twelve (12).
NOTE! For you who have participated in the workshop “Yoga and the Breath” in spring 2021: the content and the practices of this workshop are 95 % different from spring’s workshop.